Bring a bag of old clothes, hats, and accessories to the gardens and create a scarecrow or harvest goddess to decorate Botanical Center gardens. All scarecrows will stay in the gardens and be on display in October as part of the month-long Pumpkin Extravaganza. Scarecrow clothing and accessories will not be returned. One scarecrow per family, please.
• Straw, cross arms, rope, burlap heads, and fence posts will be provided
• Name your scarecrow or harvest goddess
• Stop by the creativity corner to learn all about crows and create your own crow craft
• Listen in at the story telling station to hear the Native American tale of how the crow got his glossy black coloring
• Visit the photo booth to snap some fall-themed memories
• Do the free garden scavenger hunt with the new theme, “As the Crow Flies”