12 Jul Rock Island Downtown Alliance seeks Operations Manager
Do you love working outdoors, making your community more attractive and solving problems in public spaces? The newly formed Rock Island Downtown Alliance is seeking a passionate, energetic and customer service-minded Operations Manager to be its eyes, ears and boots on the ground in the Downtown Rock Island Special Service Area (SSA). The role includes implementation and oversight of daily cleaning, beautification and maintenance services with a keen focus on improving the downtown experience for businesses, residents and visitors.
From picking up litter and removing graffiti to clearing weeds and debris, the needs of the position vary daily and seasonally. The Operations Manager also fosters close relationships with City departments, social service providers and downtown businesses to facilitate on-street assistance for individuals experiencing homelessness and other quality-of-life issues.
The Operations Manager maintains a strong visible presence in the district. Downtown Rock Island is a commercial neighborhood undergoing a major revitalization and our team will be on the frontline of this transformation. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Downtown Alliance Executive Director and will lead a small team of Cleaning Ambassadors. The position is estimated to be 70% on-street duties and 30% office-related work. This is a great opportunity to make a difference for the community and the Downtown Alliance!
- Lead the Cleaning Ambassador team and perform daily cleaning, beautification and maintenance of the district
- Maintain work order system (requests for service), and generate regular program outcome reports with metrics
- Engage with City staff, social service providers and downtown business owners to report on-street quality-of-life issues and facilitate assistance to individuals in need to deter negative behaviors and promote productive use of public spaces
- Manage Downtown Alliance equipment and supplies, including vehicle maintenance
- Perform regular circulation of the district identifying and reporting on issues that need to be addressed
- Coordinate maintenance activities with various City departments
- Proactively greet as many people as possible throughout each shift to maximize visibility
- Assist Executive Director with special public-space project management
- Other duties as assigne
- At least three years of work experience in a related field, such as cleaning, landscaping, maintenance, operations, public safety/security/street outreach, business management or customer/constituent/neighborhood services
- An organized and detail-oriented person who observes and addresses disorder in the public environment
- Ability to operate in year-round outdoor conditions and to be on feet for extended periods of time in all types of weather
- Ensures the streets, sidewalks and all parts of downtown Rock Island meet the highest standard of cleanliness and attention to detail through daily and systematic circulation of the district
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and solve problems in a timely fashion
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to operate small utility vehicles (gator, pickup truck, skid-steer) and handheld power equipment
Salary Range: $45,000-$53,000 with competitive benefits package
Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Our Chamber supports and encourages workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability in any of our recruitment, hiring or placement processes.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to HR@quadcitieschamber.com.
All Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce employees uphold the following Core Values: Takes Initiative, Passionately Pursues Excellence, Complete Accountability, Seeks Continuous Improvement, Fosters a Sense of Belongingness, Customer Service Oriented, Regionally Minded
Rock Island Downtown Alliance, a Series LLC affiliate of the Quad Cities Chamber/QC Community Partnership, manages the Downtown Rock Island Special Service Area (SSA) per a contract with the City of Rock Island. The Downtown Alliance’s mission is to deliver services and programs that enhance public spaces, encourage private investment and improve quality of life in downtown Rock Island.
Founded in 2023, the Downtown Alliance aims to provide place management services for the Downtown SSA with a focus on three pillars: Business & Economic Growth, Infrastructure & Livability and Advocacy & Promotion. The Downtown Alliance Board of Directors is the governing body responsible for directing the SSA funds in accordance with its program of work. Downtown Alliance and Chamber staff are responsible for implementing the approved work plan.