15 Nov Find festive trains, windowpanes this holiday season in downtown Rock Island
Deck the Downtowns presented by TBK Bank is back Nov. 18 – Jan. 1, and the Rock Island Downtown Alliance is excited to bring you all-ages activities to enjoy while you eat, drink, shop and be merry in downtown Rock Island!
Holiday Display Challenge
New this year, more than 30 businesses in downtown Rock Island are competing in the regional Holiday Display Challenge by decorating their storefronts for the season. Dozens of local artists have been hired to paint many of the festive scenes throughout downtown Rock Island, Davenport and Bettendorf. Patrons may pick up a flyer at downtown businesses and vote for their favorite display for a chance to win prizes. More than 90 businesses and dozens of local artists are vying for your vote!
Vote Nov. 18 – Jan. 1 for your favorite display. Voters are automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win downtown gift cards & goodies, and the artist with the top votes will also get a prize!
Hunt for the Holiday Train
Inspired by Rock Island’s rich railroad history, Hunt for the Holiday Train sponsored by Crawford Company and Jackson Autobody & Custom Paint runs Nov. 18 – Jan. 1.
Back for a second consecutive year with a new design, the custom-crafted train ornaments laser cut by Crawford and decorated by Jackson Autobody are hiding inside more than 45 downtown businesses.
Official hunt cards may be picked up at one of the participating businesses. Find 10, earn a collectible train ornament and be entered for a chance to win a grand prize. Completed cards may be turned in at one of the following locations to receive an ornament (while supplies last):
- Rock Island Public Library (401 19th St.) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Quad City Arts (1715 2nd Ave.) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed Nov. 18 & 25)
- Quad City Botanical Center (2525 4th Ave.) Nov. 18 – Dec. 10: Wednesday – Sunday 5-9 p.m., Dec. 13 – Jan. 1: Daily 5-9 p.m.
There is also a limited amount of the custom 2022 train ornaments available at each location above for those who complete this year’s hunt but participate last year. Hunt for the Holiday Train is expected to continue through 2025 with the goal of producing four unique train ornaments that make up a complete, collectible set.
- Acapulco Café 422 24th St.
- Art Place 1606 2nd Ave.
- AWAKE Coffee Company 1430 4th Ave.
- Ballet Quad Cities 617 17th St.
- Bent River Brewing Company 512 24th St.
- Big T Wear Big & Tall Clothing 1700 2nd Ave.
- Brick and Motor Boutique 1629 2nd Ave.
- Buenas Nuevas Market (open through Dec. 20) 321 24th St.
- Colman Florist 1623 2nd Ave.
- Cool Beanz 512 24th St.
- Coventry Senior Apartments 1900 6th Ave.
- District Drugs & Compounding Center 319 18th St.
- El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Bar 1829 2nd Ave.
- Gas & Electric Credit Union 2300 4th Ave.
- Healthy Harvest Urban Farms 1616 2nd Ave.
- House of Bliss Wellness Spa 1804 3rd Ave.
- Huckleberry’s Great Pizza and Calzones 223 18th St.
- Jim’s Rib Haven 531 24th St.
- KRU Salon 1727 2nd Ave.
- Looney’s Little Chicago 219 17th St.
- M&J International Food Market 1704 3rd Ave.
- McCarthy Callas & Feeney P.C. 329 18th St.
- BriMani’s Hair & Beauty Supply 1709 2nd Ave.
- NEST Café 1524 4th Ave.
- NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative 1614 2nd Ave.
- Polish Pub (21+) 2301 4th Ave.
- QCCA Expo Center (Nov. 24-26 only) 2621 4th Ave.
- Quad City Arts 1715 2nd Ave.
- Quad City Botanical Center 2525 4th Ave.
- Ragged Records & Music 311 1/2 21st St.
- Regalia Manufacturing Company 2018 4th Ave.
- Rock Island Ale House 226 17th St.
- Rock Island Brewing Company 1815 2nd Ave.
- Rock Island Public Library 401 19th St.
- Roosters Sports Bar & Grill 2130 3rd Ave.
- S Guzman Services 311 18th St.
- Skeleton Key Art and Antiques 520 18th St.
- Soi 2 Thai Street Food 1825 2nd Ave.
- Spellbound 217 17th St.
- Steve’s Old Time Tap 223 17th St.
- Sumthin’ Different Barber & Beauty 1704 3rd Ave.
- T&T Asian Foods Market 520 16th St.
- The Attic 323 18th St.
- The Urban Reserve 1711 2nd Ave.
- Theo’s Java Café 213 17th St.
- Ultimate Fitness 1628 2nd Ave.
- Wake Brewing (21+) 2529 5th Ave.
- YWCA Quad Cities 229 16th St.
Downtown Rock Island is a great place to explore and find that special gift for everyone on your list. Follow our Downtown Rock Island Facebook and Instagram for inspiration to eat, drink and fill up your holiday stockings this season.
Deck the Downtowns supports the Keep It QC initiative, which encourages Quad Citizens to spend locally, because every dollar we keep in the Quad Cities drives our economy.