16 Nov Deck the Downtowns: Holiday Train Hunt and Gift Inspiration
Deck the Downtowns promotions encourage you to eat, drink, shop and be merry in downtown Rock Island.
Find the holiday train Nov. 18 – Jan. 1. 40+ custom, locally crafted train ornaments are hiding inside downtown businesses.
Find 10, win a prize and be entered for a chance to win gift cards to downtown businesses and a Grand Prize Basket!
Presented by: Crawford Company | Decoration sponsor: Jackson Autobody & Custom Paint
Pick up an official card at one of the 40+ participating businesses to play. Turn in your completed card at one of the following locations to collect your prize:
- Rock Island Public Library (401 19th Street) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Quad City Arts (1715 2nd Avenue) Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Quad City Botanical Center (2525 4th Avenue) Nov. 18 – Dec. 11: Wednesday – Sunday 5-9 p.m., Dec. 14 – Jan. 1: Daily 5-9 p.m.
Why a train? Hunt for the Holiday Train pays homage to the rich railroad history in Rock Island, particularly the Rock Island Railroad, which built the first railroad bridge over the Mississippi River in 1856. Formally the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad, the company and its railway also inspired the folk song, “Rock Island Line,” recorded by Lead Belly in 1937 and Johnny Cash 20 years later.
Looking for a hint? Find a train at these downtown locations, also viewable via this Google Maps List:
- Acapulco Café 422 24th Street
- American Bank & Trust 1600 5th Avenue
- Art Place 1606 2nd Avenue
- Awake Coffee Company 1430 4th Avenue
- Big T Wear Big & Tall Clothing 1700 2nd Avenue
- Blue Cat Brewing Co. 113 18th Street
- Blush & Bull Boutique 1806 3rd Avenue
- Brick and Motor Boutique 1629 2nd Avenue
- Circa ‘21 Dinner Playhouse 1828 3rd Avenue
- Colman Florist 1623 2nd Avenue
- Cool Beanz Coffeehouse 512 24th Street
- District Drugs & Compounding Center 319 18th Street
- El Patron Mexican Restaurant & Bar 1829 2nd Avenue
- Gas & Electric Credit Union 2300 4th Avenue
- Healthy Harvest Urban Farms 1616 2nd Avenue
- Holiday Shop Up 140 18th St. (Dec. 17 only)
- House of Bliss Wellness Spa 1804 3rd Avenue
- Huckleberry’s Great Pizza and Calzones 223 18th Street
- Icons Martini (21+) 124 18th Street
- Jim’s Rib Haven 531 24th Street
- Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum 700 22nd Street
- Lavish Salon and Spa 1806 3rd Avenue
- Looney’s Little Chicago 219 17th Street
- M&J International Food Market 1706 3rd Avenue
- Ms. BriMani’s Hair & Beauty Supply 1709 2nd Avenue
- Navarro Canoe Company 2219 3rd Avenue
- NEST Café Quad Cities 1524 4th Avenue
- NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative 1614 2nd Avenue
- Polish Pub (21+) 2301 4th Avenue
- Quad City Arts 1715 2nd Avenue
- Quad City Botanical Center 2525 4th Avenue
- Ragged Records & Music 311 ½ 21st Street
- Regalia Flag Store 2018 4th Avenue
- Rock Island Ale House 226 17th Street
- Rock Island Brewing Company 1815 2nd Avenue
- Rock Island Public Library 401 19th Street
- Roosters Sports Bar & Grill 2130 3rd Avenue
- ROZZ-TOX 2108 3rd Avenue
- Shear Elements Salon 1727 2nd Avenue
- Skeleton Key Art and Antiques 520 18th Street
- Soi 2 Thai Street Food 1825 2nd Avenue
- Sound Conservatory 1600 2nd Avenue
- Spellbound 217 17th Street
- Steve’s Old Time Tap 223 17th Street
- Sumthin Different Barber & Beauty 1704 3rd Avenue
- T&T Asian Foods Market 520 16th Street
- The Attic 323 18th Street
- The Law Centre 329 18th Street
- Tidal Wave Energy Station 1625 2nd Avenue
- Vintage Varieties 1808 3rd Avenue
- Wake Brewing (21+) 2529 5th Avenue
This year we will showcase local Downtown Rock Island businesses on our Downtown Rock Island Facebook and Instagram. We will share all of the great places to eat, drink & fill up your holiday stockings.
Deck the Downtowns supports the Keep It QC initiative, which encourages Quad Citizens to spend locally because every dollar we keep in the Quad Cities drives our economy.